Thursday, February 4, 2010

50% is fine

What was I thinking?  I'm not ready for a 100% raw.  Not now, maybe never.  Some of the dishes I tried were fabulous, some were bland.  Or worse.  The experience was not a total loss, however.  I learned a lot, such as:
  1. People wanting to lose a lot of weight but not wanting to exercise, or are unable to exercise, will lose a lot of weight, fast, eating a 100% raw food diet.
  2. People suffering from diseases from the more serious diabetes or multiple sclerosis to the more minor skin blemishes will notice an easing of their symptoms by eating 100% raw.  In many cases, they can cure themselves entirely of these maladies in just weeks.
  3. I don't need to lose any weight nor do I need to cure myself of any diseases. 
  4. I'm not willing to give up coffee or my one cooked meal at night. 
  5. I'm comfortable eating a 50-75% raw diet.
  6. I'm not sedentary.  I run and really enjoy it.
I've suspended my 100% raw experiment.  Recently I wrote about my uncertainty about the 30-day challenge.  I think it's a great thing, it's just not right for me.  Today.  I could not find a single reason I should go 100% so I'm sticking with my "raw all day" approach.  And I'm fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment