Monday, March 22, 2010

Your Best

I love to learn new things.  I especially love learning ways to be a better Me.  Whether it's innovations in nutrition or fitness that help me be healthier, or ground-breaking technologies that help me be more eco-focused, I am compelled to strive toward higher standards.  But let me be clear: I'm not pursuing perfection.  I'm human, a spiritual being who intends to do the right thing in every situation.  Still, I get angry.  I have blah days.  Sometimes I feel insecure about my appearance or my relationships or the fact I've not achieved my goals as a writer.  Most days I feel great about me, though.  I know my heart is filled with love and authenticity, my mind strong, my body healthy.  I'm not perfect, nor do I want to be.

Perfection is unattainable and I'm not interested in spinning my wheels trying to achieve something that is not even possible.  Waste of my precious moments!  It isn't that perfection is difficult...it's IMPOSSIBLE.  Not just for me, for everyone.  Because THERE IS NO SUCH THING as a perfect human being.  We have emotions and lapses in judgment, and thereby are incapable of being perfect...consistent...robotic.  I'm always up for a good challenge, but not a physical impossibility.  Striving toward perfection would be as sensible as striving toward being 21-years-old again.  (Not that I actually want to go back to that period of my life, but you get my point...I hope.  :-)

What I really want, is to feel my best, to do my best, to give my best...to be my best.  I want to be as healthy as I can be on every level.  As a mommy, a wife, a writer, an entrepreneur, I work really hard.  I want to be the best I can be at every role.  Not better than you or her or him, the best Me I can be.  I nurture others so they can feel, do, give and become their best.  If I'm my best, and I encourage the people around me to be their best, then I'm doing my part to make the world -- and my life! -- a better place.  My best and your best -- not perfection -- is always good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment